Mobile Memory card Recovery
Though memory cards were first used widely in digital cameras and camcorders, they slowly found their way into mobile phones in recent times. With mobile makers providing support for memory cards in new mobile phones, mobile phones are now more than just a communicating device. They act as both the communicating device and a storage device for storing multimedia and data files. Due to the limitation in size of the mobile phones, the most widely used memory card in a mobile phone is the micro SD card.
Most of the memory card makers customize memory cards depending on the type of mobile phone. They can be described as follows,
- Standard Mobile Phones: Casual mobile phones are the basic type of mobile phones which have support for memory card to some extent. The limitation is with respect to the memory capacity. Basic model mobile phones support low resolution photo and video capture and hence the maximum limit upto which memory can be extended using a memory card might be 2 GB.
- Multimedia Mobile Phones: Multimedia mobile phones support better quality image and video capture as they have higher resolution camera which is built-in into the device. As the image quality is better, the storage capacity required is higher. Therefore Multimedia phones usually support memory cards upto 32 GB.
- Smartphones: Smartphones can be considered the most advanced mobile phones available. Smartphones usually run on Android, Symbian, Apple and Windows operating systems. These smartphones not only support capture of high quality images and videos, but they also support various applications, different file types and connectivity to the internet. This makes it essential for the Smartphone to have a good storage capacity. This is made possible by micro SDHC cards which are available in various storage capacities. Almost all Smartphones support memory cards upto 32GB.
Since there is a limit upto which data can be stored on a mobile memory card, we usually prefer transferring the data on the memory card onto our PCs at regular intervals. This frequent transfer of data from and to the mobile phone might sometimes result in the memory card getting corrupted. This can be avoided, if you handle the memory card carefully and take some precautions that are given below,
- Avoid unnecessary plugging and unplugging of the memory card from the mobile phone.
- Handle the memory card carefully, as it is fragile, and can get damaged easily.
- Do not remove the memory card from the mobile phone when the mobile phone is switched on.
- Always take a backup of all the data on the memory card before formatting it.
- In case of data loss, stop using the memory card immediately, unplug it from the mobile phone and recover the data using a trustable data recovery software.
- Avoid formatting the memory card, as some firmware are designed to permanently erase data from the memory card.
You can make use of Memory Card Recovery software to recover the deleted/lost data from your mobile memory card. This powerful data recovery software lets you recover files in over 45 different formats from both HFS+ and HFSX volumes in Mac, and over 21 different file formats from both NTFS and FAT partitions in Windows.